Thursday, June 7, 2012

Rain

The last couple of days have been lazy ones.......on my part.  It rained and the weather got cooler and I jumped at the chance to rest.

Some people would consider this differently.  They may say that they were so tired they couldn't get anything done.  They may think that they "should have" done this or that.  They may have blamed the rain and cooler temperatures for their lack of productivity and wished for the sun. They may have spent the last few days completely miserable and made others miserable in the process.  That is what some people may have done.

I have learned that each day is a gift.  Each day brings something to me that is new and refreshing as long as I look for it.  When the sun shines we "make hay" as the old cliche goes, but what that implies is hard work.  We work hard taking advantage of the long daylight hours.  The rain comes and suddenly we are forced to wait.......wait for the sun. 

If that is what is required, waiting, then I give that to myself.  I give myself each day, conscientious of the gift that it is, I say to myself.........Take it, it is good!  As a result I have noticed that everything comes right at the time that it is most needed......like the rain.  The rain brings nourishment to the land, washes the dust and dirt away, fills up the puddles and ponds and numerous other things that we don't see or notice.  For me the rain brings respite.  A chance to charge up the batteries, think about things that need to be worked out, maybe even clean a few corners!

Rain.  When it begins to patter on the rooftop, form puddles in the driveway, hang tenaciously to the clothesline and fill the air with that wonderful smell. Think of it for what it is..............life. 

When I live in the moment, there is no monotony, everything moves in cycles, my life has been "inflated" by this discovery. Like inflating an air mattress, suddenly it becomes full and 3 dimensional and holds purpose..........how great is that?

Enjoy today, that is really what is most important, because there is something in it for you to discover, something just for you.






















No comments:

Post a Comment