Sunday, February 24, 2013

New snow from last night drips incessantly from the rooftop as the warm rays of the February sun burn down on it.  The wind has picked up just within the last twenty minutes and I know that it will wick away the moisture faster than the sun alone.  Together they will reveal the grass and rocks in the fields and turn the road into a muddy mess.

Seems to me all the livestock have gotten off pretty easy this winter.  The temperatures didn't drop down below minus 25 all winter and the last two months have been exceptionally warm.

I saw lots of bunny tracks in the snow on my walk this morning and grouse as well so they have obviously fared quite well.  I think it only fair that we all get a break from old Man Winter every now and then.

There has been such a healthy, satisfied feeling in my life this year.  Learning to love again, trust again, knowing my limitations, saying no to stress, living with the consequences and the not the guilt.  For lack of a better term I would say embracing all that I am and am not.  For a very long time I held myself at arm's length, and was afraid to say hello.  I feared for the sake of fearing, as I now know, and in retrospect I truly was my own worst enemy.  It is wonderful to be weak.  Weakness brings humility and humility brings dependence and dependence brings relationship and relationship bring companionship and companionship brings a sense of belonging.  Hiding weakness is exhausting.  It drains you of life and longing, it did me anyway.

Each day I have been consistent in the new tasks I have taken on and that is what I am looking for, consistency.  I may not be able to take on as much as I did but what I need to be is successful in the things I have been able to do.  That is happening for me now and that is a sign of healing.


























No comments:

Post a Comment